Thursday, October 3, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies




Some of you guys have requested that I make some gluten free recipes so, I made you Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. What better gluten free recipe to post than the classic dessert that is the chocolate chip cookie?! That's what I was thinking too..

Here is a little photo/video with the recipe and instructions on how to make the cookies:








 * Sorry y'all, I forgot to show that you'll need 3 cups of almond flour/almond meal. I get mine from Trader Joes.

These little gems are incredibly tasty even if you don't like your CC cookies modified.. like me. But, these are different. The texture is soft and chewy, taste is delicious annnnnnddddd they are HEALTHY!!

I have this thing/rule about healthy treats: you can eat as many as you want. You should adopt this rule too :)

I make these cookies about once a month when I am craving sugar, chocolate and I pretty much turn into The Cookie Monster; crazy eyes and all. I make them because I know that I can have more of them and not feel guilty. They satisfy my sweet tooth and that's all that matters.

I have eaten like 6,  I lost count, and won't even gain a pound or a zit.. My kind of cookie!

This recipe is from a Paleo cookbook I found in the bookstore. It is called "Practical Paleo" and she has a ton of wonderful dishes that have been modified for those who are on the Paleo diet. I have tried a few Paleo recipes from her book and I have no desire to switch back. They're absolutely delicious.

This woman  is a genius when it comes to adapting recipes to suit the Paleo diet as well as covering exactly what the diet entails. She covers it all with great simplicity and clarity. She's good like that. 

So, these cookies are best when warm and served with a tall glass of cold coconut milk. 

Have you ever tried a Paleo recipe? If not, start out with this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment