Monday, October 14, 2013

Dinner Party

This past weekend I hosted a dinner party for seven people and I took one picture.

Can you believe that? I can't. I was disappointed at the end of the night when I looked at my camera and said to myself "Oh. I didn't even touch that thing." Ugh. So, I wanted to give you a run down of how it went. 

Here is the table. The one picture I took.



My guest showed up at 5:30. I had Mexican popcorn ( I added cayenne, a garlic powder and black pepper), sun dried tomato and goat cheese with toasted baguette and fried onion dip served with salt and pepper chips, celery and carrots.

This was our cocktail hour and we spent it drink Cabs, Shiraz and seasonal beers while sitting on the patio. It was 75 degrees in Texas; how could we not?!

We talked about weddings, moving to Austin and getting promoted (all of which I have nothing to do with but wish I did!). We caught up, listened to Fleetwood Mac and enjoyed the view of the pond with handfuls of popcorn. Don't be scared to serve the Mexican popcorn for cocktail hour. It was a total hit!

At 8, dinner was served. Y'all, I was so proud of this dinner. I have never served this many people and cooked this much food by myself but I have to say I LOVED IT.

I could host dinner parties every weekend.

Menu: Oven fried chicken with rosemary and lemon (I followed other reviewers instructions and cooked the legs at 400 degrees for an hour = PERFECTION)
I made a pasta dish (penne) that had cherry tomatoes that I pureed into a sauce, sauteed zucchini, and ground chicken sausage. Topped it all off with shaved Parmesan and a side of lemon wedges for the chicken.

For dessert: Cinnamon sugar donut ice cream. Did you get that? Seriously. This was absolutely, positively, the best ice cream EVER. I incorporated chopped up cinnamon sugar donuts from Dunkin Donuts and it gave the ice cream another dimension in texture. Geez. I'm in trouble.

Well, there you go! Next time I will take the time to use my camera so you can see everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment