Thursday, October 17, 2013

Say CHEESE!


Shopping for cheese is just difficult.



There are too many to choose from! I want to buy them all because my mind goes wild with all kinds of crazy recipes to put them in.

I went to the Fort Worth Central Market Cheese Event today and bought some goodies to celebrate my tasty adventure. When Central Market holds their events, you leave satisfied. As in, "I just stuffed my face full of samples" satisfied. It doesn't matter how much you spend because you ate half your total in free food! My kind of grocery store.

When I got home I couldn't wait to sample what I got at the store and I broke open the brie, sliced the baguette and toasted it in 400 degree oven until CRISPY, and broke up the chocolate. I poured a nice glass of the cab and relaxed/enjoyed.





Lately all I want to do is put stuff on crunchy, crispy, toasted bread. Give me cheese, tomatoes, chocolate, ANYTHING. And I'm not a bread-eater. Who knows? I go through phases...

Did you know that today is National Pasta Day? Well, there you go. What goes better with fresh pasta than a nice creamy, salty cheese? Exactly.

What do you think I will be having for dinner tonight? YES.

When I was at the cheese event earlier I met two women who were the sweetest little grocery shoppers. They had been friends for over 50 years and were shopping for some Gouda and pepper jack.  They were nice enough to stop and talk to me about their experience at the cheese counter and show me around the store. It was nice, even though I had been there 327 times. That's fine.

To listen to their story and read about my time at the event head over to my Twitter @milogales #saycheese.


What's your favorite cheese?


No comments:

Post a Comment