Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tuesday Night Chicken

Family dinners are important around here. 



We celebrate every holiday together which gives us great excuses to use the new recipes we have been wanting to try!

But, having dinner with the family doesn't require a calendar to be marked for a special occasion. Sometimes, we get together just to enjoy the company and catch up. Telling stories of work, school, goals, etc.

This past Tuesday, I offered to make dinner for my Mema and Uncle Red. He meets my Mema every Tuesday and they get to eat dinner together; whether it be at Mema's house or a local restaurant. This is their time to spend together as mother and son.

Well, Mema doesn't enjoy cooking so much lately because she gets tired and worn out. Cooking is exhausting for her, which means more often than not, the two eat out.

Now, I know my family....  We like to eat home-cooked meals. So, I offered to make them a home- cooked meal in exchange for a seat at the dinner table. It was a deal!

I made them the baked rosemary-garlic chicken with lemon that I made for my dinner party. I also made a side of pasta and marinara with mushrooms.

Y'all, this chicken is such an easy and simple meal. The chicken comes out juicy and tender with a great crispy coating. The rosemary and garlic brings a depth of flavor that remind you of Fall and the lemon freshens the whole dish up and makes you think of Spring, (which will hopefully come soon!)

Pair this chicken with a side of pasta and/or veggies. It doesn't get any easier than this.



I would like to express the importance of seasoning your food as you go. In other words, when you have your line up of flour, beaten egg and Panko bread crumbs, season each of these components with salt and pepper. This will ensure that the chicken is well-seasoned and not lacking in flavor.

It was so nice to eat with my family this past Tuesday. It is important to make time for your family even if it's just for a couple hours. These are the moments you will remember later in life. :)

Go check out my twitter @milogales #familydinner for videos of Mema and Uncle Red's opinions!

What kind of stories does you family tell around the dinner table?



No comments:

Post a Comment